TMDA Feature Highlights
- Free (open source) software.
Written entirely in Python: an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming language.
- Active and open development.
- MTA independent (supports qmail, Postfix, Exim, Courier, and Sendmail).
- Aggressively standards compliant.
- Integrated "blacklist" and "whitelist" functionality.
- Optional automatic whitelisting of confirmed senders.
TmdaCgi, a comprehensive web-management facility for TMDA.
Stores unconfirmed messages in a custom directory-based format, or in a Maildir.
Easy customization of auto-responses through a template system with complete Internationalization support, including multi-byte character sets (e.g, Chinese, Japanese, Korean).
- Local mail delivery, including qmail-style Maildirs, mboxrd-format mboxes, MMDF-style mailboxes, program (pipe) delivery, and forward to an e-mail address.
- Smart auto-responding -- won't reply to a mailing list, bounce message, or another auto-response. Includes auto-response rate limiting to prevent mail loops.
Client-side support for both Unix and non-Unix (e.g, Outlook, Eudora, Thunderbird) mail clients through tmda-ofmipd.
- Package installation available for Linux, Mac OS X, and Free/Net/OpenBSD.
Supports vpopmail and vmailmgr Virtual Domains.
Flexible filtering language allowing fine-grained control over how incoming and outgoing mail is disposed of.
Supports SQL, DBM and CDB databases, including on-demand auto-regeneration of DB files.
Use of strong cryptography in the form of HMAC for secure hash generation and verification to prevent forgeries.
Also see a running list of new features & capabilities being added to the latest branch.